Thursday, June 17, 2010

I certainly still live at home.

There's nothing like a good chastising to remind one that they still live in their mother's house. All mothers have certain pet peeves and it drives them INSANE when their children do them (or don't, in this case.) For my mom, it's dishes. She cannot stand the sight of dishes piling up in the sink. Perhaps it's part of my personality, or maybe I'm just lazy in this regard, but often, I really do not see the dishes. It's not even that it doesn't occur to me that the dishes should be done, I really don't see them sitting dirty in the sink.

Today was just such a day. Mom came home, dishes weren't done, she got pissed. Did she yell at us? No. Ground us, spank us? No and no. My mother took my cell phone away for 24 hours.

It's not that I desperately miss it (in fact I'd be much more upset if she'd taken away my book.) Granted, I do like saying goodnight to my long distance boyfriend each night, but I can stand a night without it. What really got to me was how juvenile it felt. I'm 20 years old, and mommy took away my toys. It's days like this I think I really need to move into my own place.

On a completely unrelated note, I PROMISE I'm going to pick up running again tomorrow, no matter how much it hurts.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Sorry Love. I'm not laughing at YOU. Just the situation. Tell your angry mom hi from us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no worries, she isn't angry anymore. Just the mention of your sweet little boys makes her happy and miss you all.

    ReplyDelete